Art transporters are companies that come to mind when planning the process of relocating fine art objects. It’s not surprising because art movers are those who will handle your valuable belongings from point A to point B. So, which qualifications would you expect from the staff dealing with your fine art? What is generally required from a candidate to be accepted for this job and meet the industry standards? Here is a sneak peek into the profession of art transporters, allowing you to hire qualified, experienced fine art movers for your job.
Art Transporters: Everything You Should Know about Them in 2024
The global business market is changing fast, with technology gradually taking people’s jobs and substituting many traditionally manual tasks. However, when it comes to moving art objects, art transporters can rest assured their jobs won’t be taken by machines for a long time. This job is very delicate, requiring meticulous attention to detail, an ability to evaluate the art object carefully, and critical thinking at every stage of work with fragile items.
As a rule, professional art movers exhibit the following skills and qualifications:
- Solid experience. Domain-specific expertise is key when it comes to art transportation. You should be fully confident that you’re dealing with experts with many successful cases under their belt.
- Professionalism. The team you’re hiring should exhibit professionalism in all aspects of dealing with clients and their fine art objects, be it timely communication, work scheduling, or customer support.
- Independent judgment. Art movers with solid experience are always able to assess the art object and decide on the type of packaging and handling it requires. This way, you receive individualized treatment for every artwork in line with its unique characteristics.
- Attention to detail. Every tiny detail matters in the process of organizing and executing fine art transportation. So, you should naturally expect your art handlers to control the situation and adapt to the situation if needed.
- Excellence-oriented mindset. Fine art doesn’t stand mistakes or carelessness. Thus, your hired team should offer nothing less than excellence in treating your artwork.
- Knowledge of fine art. It’s impossible to treat fine art professionally without an inside-out understanding of its nature. That’s why you should check the knowledge of fine art in your art transportation team so that you see they know what they will be working with.
The team of professional art handlers at Fine Art Shippers possesses this full set of skills and competencies. We’ll be pleased to help you handle an art moving project with the care and safety your possessions deserve.