When it comes to shipping fine art, every detail matters. How to pack your art pieces so that everything arrives in perfect condition? What art packing and cushioning materials to use? Do you need a wooden crate for shipping your painting? What art insurance coverage to choose? And do you really need one? There are many questions that you may have when shipping your precious artworks. However, the most important one is how to choose among many art shipping companies. Below you will find some tips that will help you come up with the right decision.
How to Choose Among Art Shipping Companies
There are several factors you should pay attention to when choosing among art shipping companies. What are they?
1. Reputation. Fine art is delicate cargo, so you need to find reliable art shippers with years of experience in the field. Take your time to do some research, paying particular attention to other people’s reviews and testimonials.
2. Shipping options. You need a company that can offer you a variety of options to choose from. If you have a limited budget, consider the one that provides consolidated art shuttle services.
3. Art insurance. When shipping fine art over a long distance, art insurance is a must. Professional art shippers collaborate with trusted insurance companies and can help you choose the right coverage for your pieces.
4. Additional services. Art packing, art crating, art storage, and art installation are services that you may also require when transporting works of art. Choose the company that can offer everything needed for a successful relocation of your art.
5. Shipping rates. Finally, before signing a contract, request a free shipping quote and discuss the details with the company you want to hire. The best shipping rates are those that are not too low or too high.
Now you have all the needed information to choose the best service provider among many art shipping companies on the market. Apply these tips, and you will find the right company able to meet all your needs.