Whether it comes to a single painting, sculpture, or the whole art collection, shipping fine art safely is always challenging. However, sometimes artists forget about all the complexities connected to this laborious process, and there is actually nothing surprising about that. After spending so much time, energy, and effort on creating unique artwork, it simply becomes impossible to think that something can go wrong in transit. Unfortunately, the fine art world knows many horror stories related to tossed and smashed packages and damaged art pieces, which makes proper shipping precautions extremely important.
At Fine Art Shippers, we have been involved in a great number of local and international art shipments, each delivered without a hitch. However, it does not mean that problems with fine art shipping do not happen. This simply means that if you want to avoid them, you need to entrust specialists with packing and shipping your artwork instead of doing it all yourself or hiring people who don’t deal with art daily. Here are just a few examples of what can go wrong when this work is done by nonprofessionals:
- Bubble wrap can come in direct contact with the artwork, which may lead to specific marks left on the item’s surface. This is a quite common problem of improperly packed paintings.
- Cheap boxes bought at the corner supplier of shipping materials can dent, allowing their contents to become damaged.
- Packages can collapse and, as a result, art pieces can break because of the low-quality packing tape used by unsuccessful do-it-yourselfers.
- Paint surface can crack if paintings are transported without taking into account required temperature and humidity levels.
- Almost any type of fine art can be damaged if stored in the facilities that are not equipped with climate control systems.
However, even if you are aware of all the possible art shipping problems, know all the rules of packing art, use only high-quality packing supplies, and consider art storage requirements, chances are you still can do something wrong. The reason for that is quite simple: you don’t have enough expertise in fine art shipping. That’s why it is highly recommended to hire a professional shipping company with years of experience.
At Fine Art Shippers, we can easily help you avoid all shipping problems and provide you with any services you need. Moreover, since we don’t overcharge our clients, you are sure to be pleasantly surprised with our prices. Call us now for more information on any of our services!