Antiques can be a wonderful, amazing, and unique gift. However, having decided to make such a precious present you should be very careful in its choice. For this reason, Fine Art Shippers have prepared several useful antique gift tips that may help you in such a difficult task.
1. The first thing you should consider is that old things often come with different defects like cracks, abrasion of the finish, missing parts, and so on. Well, not for nothing, they are called antiques! You could even say that these shortcomings give them a special charm! Yes, this is true if you are buying something old, vintage, or antique for yourself. However, try to select something well-preserved for a gift, as it will bring much more happiness.
2. The year of manufacture that is sometimes indicated on the antique object often causes a special thrill and respect. Of course, the more distant the date is, the greater is the delight! In this way, if your gift has such a property, its value will increase significantly.
3. Understanding of the charm and value of antiques usually comes with age. Young people often don’t take old things seriously. The point is that the older the person is, the richer is his past and the more respect he shows to old things. So always consider the age of the person!
4. Women are particularly attracted to dishes and porcelain figurines. These items can be purchased at any antique salon. For example, a cute inkstand painted with all sorts of cupids and flowers will enliven a work desk of a business woman looking quite fun next to the computer.
5. Men have a weakness for all kinds of metal objects: candlesticks, cigarette cases, cup holders, and so on. A vintage pocket watch on a chain will also become a luxury gift for any man. It can be gold or silver, with open face or hunter case, musical or not… Thus, 300watches.com is a great place for those who don’t know where to buy an antique gift.
6. It is noticed that artists, all of them, almost without exception, treat antique things with reverence. So, if you want to make such a gift to a painter, actor, musician, or designer, you will never go wrong!
7. To buy and to give each other ancient paintings and icons is a privilege of fine art collectors. So if you are not sure that you will be able to choose the right painting, and your friend – to appreciate it, just buy a cup holder.
8. And the last one of our antique gift tips: it is better to give very expensive and often useless in everyday life antique objects to quite wealthy people. To make such gifts to those who do not have the most basic and necessary things is considered to be unethical.
In this way, choose an antique gift very carefully so that it could bring joy to both, the giver and the gift recipient. And Fine Art Shippers will take care of its safe transportation to the destination point.