Each piece of art is unique, and each requires special care and attention when preparing it for shipping over a long distance. Besides, it is very important to choose the right packing materials depending on what exactly you are going to ship. For example, shipping a canvas painting is not the same as shipping framed art, so take your time to learn more about different packing methods before shipping your artwork to wherever it needs to be in the world.
Fine Art Shippers is a professional fine art shipping company in NYC, with offices and agents in London, Berlin, Moscow, Hong Kong, and other cities around the world. Possessing more than 20 years of experience in the art logistics industry, we have proven to be experts in packing and shipping framed art over a long distance, which makes our company a preferred one for many art business professionals, public institutions, and individuals. What is no less important, we offer all our services at very reasonable prices, making them affordable for everyone. Moreover, if you are going to pack your paintings or any other artwork yourself, we are always ready to share several useful tips that will help you do everything right.
Tips for packing and shipping framed art
When it comes to shipping framed art, it is crucial to pay special attention to the packing process. Keep in mind that different art pieces may require different packaging techniques and materials, so it is highly recommended that you consult a professional fine art shipping company first. However, the following steps are common for almost any piece of framed art.
- Use special blue painter’s tape on the glass to protect the painting if something goes wrong and the glass is broken in transit.
- Use corner protectors and edge guards on the artwork to add extra shock absorption during shipping and handling.
- Use high-quality cushioning material to wrap the artwork and also in the box for extra protection in transit.
- Choose a durable shipping box with several layers of foam and cardboard, which can withstand a long-distance move.
- Consider packing your artwork in a wooden crate built specifically for it. Such crates are the best choice when it comes to shipping framed art of any kind.
At Fine Art Shippers, we offer comprehensive art packing and crating services, so feel free to contact our team if you need any help with packing and shipping framed art, no matter nationally or internationally. We are always at your disposal!