Do you need a secure place to store your works between exhibitions? Maybe you have a large artwork that is constantly being moved around? Or you are simply looking for a smart way to visually free up your studio? Whatever the reason, you need a good canvas art storage solution! Let’s look at your options!
When it comes to the best canvas art storage solution, no matter temporary or long-term, to look for professional art storage services is always a wise decision. For example, at Fine Art Shippers, we not only ship fine art but also provide affordable storage for various valuables and collectibles that require exacting standards for security, logistics, and climate control. For today, we can safely accommodate a range of items in the majority of U.S. cities, which makes our canvas art storage services a preferred option for many private collectors and artists in New York City and beyond.
However, there is one more option that you should consider. If to order professional art storage services is not what you are looking for, you can always create canvas art storage in your home. In such a case, do not miss the following tips from Fine Art Shippers!
Canvas art storage tips
- Choose the right room in your house. It should be finished and equipped with a climate control system. Plus, make sure there are no open windows or air vents.
- It is highly recommended to store art and antiques in a room located inside the house, without any exterior walls.
- Make sure your canvas art storage is kept locked, properly secured, and equipped with an automated fire sprinkler system.
- Do not store your art in the area that is subject to vibration.
- Your canvas art storage room should have enough clear space so that you could move your artworks freely around.
- Avoid basements and attics unless they are finished and meet the requirements mentioned above.
- Use special canvas racks to hold your paintings and other canvas art pieces separately in upright slots.
- Always keep different art packing materials on hand so that you could quickly pack and relocate your artworks in case of emergency.
- Finally, if you want to manage your art storage, do not forget about a photo inventory and condition report for every item being stored.
Hopefully, these simple tips will help you create good canvas art storage in your home. If you need any professional help with that, please feel free to contact Fine Art Shippers for assistance!