There are lots of risks when storing art. For example, did you know that sunlight fades colors and plastic wrapping leads to mold? The truth is that there are so many factors to consider when storing fine art and antiques that many people prefer hiring consultants who can help them find ideal storage for artwork or create the one in their homes.
It goes without saying that the first option is the best one because only specially equipped storage facilities can provide your art and antiques with the proper care and the best storage conditions. As a professional fine art shipping company, we also have many affordable options to offer in the majority of U.S. cities. Moreover, our art storage services, no matter long-term or temporary, won’t cost you a fortune. Since Fine Art Shippers is aimed at providing a high-quality service at a reasonable price, we are sure to offer the right art storage solution that suits your needs and budget. The same applies to our fine art shipping, art packing, art crating, and many other services, which can be easily verified if you request a free quote or contact our team for consultation.
As for creating ideal storage for artwork in your home, it is certainly a good option for those who have a collection of valuable items that require special care all the time. If it is what you are looking for, consider the following tips from our team of experienced art movers!
Creating storage for artwork in your home
- Choose the storage room that is completely inside the house, without open windows and air vents.
- Take care of all the necessary documentation, including condition report and photo inventory for every single art piece.
- Maintain the right climate based on the particular requirements of your artworks. This will protect your pieces from mold growth, yellowing of paper, warping, and other types of damage.
- Keep your art off the ground. Ideal storage for artwork should be equipped with special units and chain link fences for hanging paintings.
- Properly prepare, pack, and wrap your art pieces for long-term storage, using special acid-free materials.
While to create ideal storage for artwork in your home is a pretty challenging task, everything is possible if you know what you are doing. However, if you have any doubts, it is better to consult professionals or order secure art storage services from a reliable company like Fine Art Shippers!