While some antiques are valuable in a sentimental way, making us feel closer to the people they once belonged to, others are valuable in a monetary sense. This is especially true for pieces made of precious materials and authentic objects with historic interest. If you have such items in your collection, then you are likely to plan on passing your valuable possessions on to future generations or even selling them. Whatever you choose, there are some proven ways to add more value to your collectibles you should always keep in mind.
First of all, consider hiring an experienced company specializing in shipping fine art each time you need to relocate your collection. Since antiques are most vulnerable to damage when they are being transported, to order professional fine art packing and shipping services is undoubtedly a wise solution if you want them to remain in the pristine condition. Secondly, do not forget that art collection services are also very important as they can make your valuables worth more cash. In particular, this may include the following:
1. Research. Learning more about antiques you own is the first step in making them more valuable. Manufacturer’s marks and signatures, repairs, age, and material all matter, so it is very important to do some value-adding research yourself or with the help of professionals.
2. Provenance. After the research is finished and the results are analyzed, you need to accurately document the provenance of your antiques, starting from handwritten notes from their previous owners to photographs and original receipts.
3. Authentication. The next step in adding value to your possessions is having them authenticated by a professional service. Moreover, it is crucial in case you decide to sell your antiques at auction.
4. Appraisal. Since authentication is not always done as part of the appraisal process, make sure to show your treasures to experienced appraisers and get a documented, well-researched written appraisal report from them.
5. Storage. Appropriate fine art storage conditions are also crucial in case you want to preserve the value of your antiques for generations, so make sure you have the right place for this purpose in your home or order art storage services from a specialized company.
Art collection services, as well as fine art moving services, are indeed very important if you are looking for the right way to make your antiques more valuable, so never neglect professional help when needed.